Building Better Brains
Listen right now:Download file
Forgot your own birthday? Misplaced your Shih Tzu? Did you put the milk in your backpack and the iPod in the fridge? Age may bring wisdom but – alas – not a boost in RAM. But there’s hope – scientists are discovering that the brain is more malleable than thought. We’ll hear about the science of neuroplasticity and what you can do to slow that cerebellum slide. Ever been to a brain gym?
>p>Plus, why the brains of London cabbies are bigger than those of your average commuter.
- Michael Merzenich – Professor Emeritus Neuroscientist, University of California, San Francisco
- Gordy Slack – Science journalist and author of The Battle Over the Meaning of Everything: Evolution, Intelligent Design, and a School Board in Dover, PA
- Sam Wang – Associate Professor of Neuroscience and Molecular Biology at Princeton University and the author of Welcome to Your Brain: Why You Lose Your Car Keys but Never Forget how to Drive and other Puzzles of Everyday Life
- Lisa Schoonerman – Co-founder, VibrantBrains
- Jan Zivic – Co-founder, VibrantBrains