Habitats Not For Humanity
Listen right now:Download file
We place sharks in aquariums and elephants in zoos – to observe and conserve. But what if aliens have done the same to us? We’ll hear from Stephen King on a doomed result of a domed experiment – hatched by off-Earth beings, and why captivity may actually save some species on this planet.
Plus, you’re entering the Habitable Zone: which is the best bet for life elsewhere in the Solar System – Europa, Enceladus or Mars?
- Stephen King – Novelist, author of Under the Dome: A Novel
- Jim Kasting – Geoscientist, Penn State University and author of How to Find a Habitable Planet (Science Essentials)
- Oliver Morton – Journalist, author of Eating the Sun: How Plants Power the Planet
- John Fraser – Director for the Institute for Learning Innovations and Adjunct Assistant Professor at Hunter College CUNY
- Amanda Hendrix – Planetary Scientist, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Bob Pappalardo – Planetary Scientist, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory