ENCORE You are one-of-a-kind, unique, indispensible… oh, wait, never mind! It seems that computer over there can do what you do … faster and with greater accuracy.
Yes, it’s silicon vs. carbon as intelligent, interactive machines out-perform humans in tasks beyond data-crunching. We’re not only building our successors, we’re developing emotional relationships with them. Find out why humans are hard-wired to be attached to androids.
Also, the handful of areas where humans still rule… as pilots, doctors and journalists. Scratch that! Journalism is automated too – tune in for a news story written solely by a machine.
- Clifford Nass - Social psychologist at Stanford University and Director of the Communication Between Humans and Interactive Media Lab
- Tom Jones - United States astronaut, space consultant, and veteran of four Space Shuttle flights
- Chris Ford - Business director at Pixar Animation Studios
- Eric Van De Graaff -Cardiologist at Alegent Health
- James Bennighof - Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, and professor of music theory at Baylor University in Texas
- Kathy Abbott - Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Flight Deck Human Factors at the Federal Aviation Administration
- Kristian Hammond - Co-founder, Narrative Science
First aired November 22, 2010.