Rxs Get Personal
ENCORE Medicine’s back.. and this time it’s personal. Get ready to have your genome read… your brain scanned… and undergo a chemical analysis so detailed, it’ll reveal the Twinkie you had for lunch. Everyone’s different, and reading those differences at the level of the gene may provide a more accurate profile of health and how to treat disease. But are you ready to know what’s wrong with you?
Discover the future of personalized medicine with biologist Craig Venter, as well as a man who turned his body over to the new science. Learn what his tests revealed.
Plus, why stem cell research really is a horse race. And, why getting sick is sometimes the best thing.
- Craig Venter - Genome scientist
- Frank McCormick - Director of the Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of California, San Francisco
- David Ewing Duncan - Journalist and author of Experimental Man: What One Man's Body Reveals about His Future, Your Health, and Our Toxic World
- Sharon Moalem - Neurogeneticist and Evolutionary Biologist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and author of Survival of the Sickest
- Sean Owens - Director of the Regenerative Medicine Laboratory at the University of California, Davis
- Julie Burges - Animal Health Technician, Regenerative Medicine Laboratory, University of California, Davis