Scoping Out Astronomy
A loud radio hiss is coming from the cosmos. Is it the swan song of the first giant stars of the universe?
Find out from stargazers attending the American Astronomical Society meeting in California... the brightest flash in the universe illuminates how a galaxy grows up... a planet hunter closes in on Earth-size prey.
Also, find out how to spy on the universe from the comfort of your living room. Plus, the four-century-old history of the telescope... and Galileo didn't invent it!
It's the kick off to the International Year of Astronomy - so scope it out!
Find out more about 400 Years of the Telescope
- David Charbonneau - Astronomer, Harvard University
- Alan Kogut - Astrophysicist, NASA Goddard Spaceflight Center
- Xavier Prochaska - Astronomer, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Simon Steel - Astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Kris Koenig - Producer, Interstellar Studios, Chico, California
- Mark Slater - Film composer