Anyone who does gardening knows that life is tough. It’s also ancient – the first living things appeared on this planet nearly as soon as our world was habitable. We consider life on real worlds – like Earth and Mars – as well as fictional ones, such as the desert planet from the movie “Dune”. We’ll hear about a new scheme to find Martians, and practical approaches to coping with climate change.
And is Pluto seeking revenge? The unmasking of a fourth moon around this former planet!
We’re making some lively discoveries in Seth’s Tool Shed on Big Picture Science.
- Philip Duffy - Physicist and senior scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Kevin Zahnle - Planetary scientist at the NASA Ames Research Center
- David Summers - Astrobiologist at the SETI Institute
- Christopher Carr - Researcher in the Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Mark Showalter - Research scientist at the SETI Institute