Skeptic Check: Energy Vortex
Listen right now:Download file
ENCORE “I feel your vibe!” Well, that describes a number of fabled locales that claim to pulse with mysterious energy – perhaps prompting books to fly across the room or airplanes to vanish into thin air. But what’s the science behind it?
We examine spots marked with an X, for “extraordinary” – from a haunted house to the Bermuda Triangle – to sort out natural from supernatural phenomena.
Plus, what causes the aurora borealis… a haywire Russian space probe… and just what the heck is an “energy vortex,” anyway?
- Phil Plait – Skeptic and keeper of Discover Magazine’s blog: badastronomy
- Mike Borg – Group Sales Coordinator, Winchester Mystery House
- Jim Underdown – Executive Director, Center for Inquiry, Los Angeles
- Peter Williams – Hydrodynamicist at Agilent Technologies
- Guy P. Harrison – Writer and business owner in Southern California, author of 50 Popular Beliefs That People Think Are True
- Rob Lillis – Space and Planetary Physicist, Space Sciences Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley
First released January 25, 2012