Skeptical Sunday: Bear Right in a Bull Market
Listen right now:Download file
When we’re in love, we do some crazy things. And that’s OK. But when we merge lanes on the highway, sign up for a credit card, or just order a book, we’re as irrational as a teenager who’s got a crush.
Find out why we’re mad in money matters, why we’re suckers for designer aspirin, are willing to believe in the paranormal, and anything but logical in traffic. It’s Skeptical Sunday, but be rational – don’t take our word for it!
- Tom Vanderbilt – Author of Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What it Says About Us)
- Dan Ariely – Professor of Behavioral Economics at Duke University, and author of Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions
- James Underdown – Executive Director of the Center for Inquiry, Los Angeles
- Phil Plait – Author of badastronomy.com
- Michael Shermer – Founder of “Skeptic Magazine” and author, most recently, of The Mind of the Market: Compassionate Apes, Competitive Humans, and Other Tales from Evolutionary Economics