Skeptical Sunday: Ghost of a Chance
Listen right now:Download file
Half of all Americans believe in ghosts – despite any compelling evidence of their existence. Find out why we believe in what we can’t see, and why loneliness may increase our chances of a poltergeist experience. Hear the tale of the Toys R Us ghost, and scope out the latest in haunted real estate.
Also, why our Hollywood skeptic is tired of wild ghost chases and Phil Plait speaks out on lapses in critical thinking. This week: vaccination and autism.
It’s Skeptical Sunday… but don’t take our word for it!
- Phil Plait – Astronomer, keeper of badastronomy.com, and author of Death from the Skies!: These Are the Ways the World Will End . . .
- Mary Pope-Handy – Estate Agent, Silicon Valley and keeper of the website hauntedrealestate.com
- Christopher French – Head of the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit, Goldsmiths College, University of London, U.K. and co-editor of The Skeptic magazine
- Nicholas Epley – Behavioral Scientist, University of Chicago
- James Underdown – Executive Director, Center for Inquiry, Los Angeles
- Wayne Thatcher – sicist, U.S. Geological Survey