To Earth and Back
Listen right now:Download file
We are all Martians … or could be, if, billions of years ago, Red Plant microbes fell to Earth and eventually evolved to us. Okay, that one’s a big “if.” But microbes can survive space travel. Meet the NASA officer whose task is to keep Earth, Mars – and the entire solar system –safe from hitchhiking bacteria.
And, even if we’re not Martians (darn!), did life once thrive on the Red Planet … and does it still today?
Plus, why meteorites may be happy habitats for life.
- Catharine Conley – NASA planetary protection officer
- Chris McKay – Planetary scientist, NASA Ames Research Center
- Paul Davies – Director of the BEYOND: Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science at Arizona State University
- Aaron Burton – Astrobiologist, NASA Goddard Spaceflight Center
- Debbie Kolyer – Grants Manager, SETI Institute