You've Been Slimed!
Listen right now:Download file
Hollywood horror flicks have captivated us with alien blobs, but the slime slithering on our own planet is as beguiling. From microscopic machines to life on ocean floors, new research reveals how essential slime is to life on Earth, and possibly other worlds.
Discover the new materials made from hagfish slime… the social life of a slime mold… and the threat posed by the gray goo of self-replicating nanobots.
Plus, it’s been 50 years since it first oozed across the screen: why there’s no escape from The Blob!
- Tori Hoeler – Astrobiologist, NASA Ames Research Center
- Douglas Fudge – Biologist, University of Guelph, Canada
- John Tyler Bonner – Professor Emeritus of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, and author of The Social Amoebae: The Biology of Cellular Slime Molds
- Chris Phoenix – Director of Research, Center for Responsible Technology
- Andre Bormanis – Television Writer and Producer